BETWEEN THE SEA
AND THE RIVER
GRAND POPO'S AUBERGE
Grand Popo is located by the sea, halfway between Cotonou and Lome (TOGO), 80 kms on each side. The hostel is made of old colonial buildings that we renovated. Everything is set in a large park, the beach on one side and the track on the other. The vegetation is made of Australian pine trees, bougainvillea, banana trees and coconut palms.
Open all year
THE GRAND POPO’s AUBERGE HAS
- A restaurant with a terrace on the beach
- A large hut for group meals and other events.
- A building with 12 rooms on the ground floor with a direct access to the garden on the north side of the track.
- A building by the beach with 8 rooms (4 downstairs and 4 upstairs). A large terrace goes around the building upstairs and on the ground floor.
- 2 bungalows with 2 communicating rooms.
The bungalows and rooms on the ground floor have A/C and are equipped with TV and Canal +.
- A shallow swimming pool of 60 m2, so that children do not go in the sea as it is very dangerous + a paddling pool for the little ones.
Trips are organized in motorized small boats to go to the "Bouches du Roi" to visit fishermen’s villages or simply to picnic in the coconut plantation, where the lagoon flows into the sea.
FEES (last update 2016)
- Single room, garden side: 17 000 Fcfa – double: 19 500 Fcfa
- Single room with view of the sea: 23 000 Fcfa – double: 25 000 Fcfa
- Ground floor, sea side, single room: 23 000 Fcfa – double: 25 000 Fcfa
- Bungalow, single: 28,500 Fcfa – double: 32 500 Fcfa
The continental breakfast costs 2 000 Fcfa and the complete (eggs, juices, etc…) 3 800 Fcfa. A regular meal (starter, main course, dessert) costs about 8 500 Fcfa (without drinks).
The currency used is the CFA Franc.
1 € = 655.957 Fcfa
In Grand Popo, you can pay your bill in Fcfa, €, $ or use a “Visa” credit card
There is a 1000 FCFA night tax per night and per person to pay in Benin.
DASSA ZOUME'S AUBERGE
NORTH OF BENIN
CENTER OF BENIN